Lights, Camera, Action! Kranz is proud to co-sponsor the Silicon Valley SEC Pro Group Chapter. The Q2 In-person Meeting is at Netflix on May 29th. You can register directly on Eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sec-pro-group-silicon-valley-chapter-in-person-q2-2019-quarterly-meeting-month-end-close-webinar-tickets-61127375626. We already have over 30 people registered and please feel free to share this event. The more the merrier! If you haven’t registered yet, please do so as we will need to get a registration list to our hosts for security check-in and headcount for breakfast. We have added the Roundtable to follow after viewing the webinar and we are offering 2 CPEs for the event. We have a strong representation of Controllers and SEC Professionals registered and we are looking forward to a productive Roundtable.
When: Wednesday, May 29th 8:30AM – 10:30AM
Where: Netflix, Los Gatos, CA
8:30 – 9:30 Webinar Month-End Close 1 CPE Credit
See below for course description and learning objectives
9:30 – 10:30 Roundtable Discussion: Success Stories and Challenges with Improving the Financial Close Process 1 CPE Credit
During our roundtable we will discuss success stories and challenges for improving the financial close process. Panelists will be subject matter experts, including controllers and financial reporting professionals. After the roundtable, attendees will be able to:
• Identify real-world solutions for improving the financial close process
• List technology solutions and methodologies to automate the financial close process
• Utilize cross-departmental teams to identify opportunities to create efficiencies for the financial close process
• Implement dashboards and metrics to facilitate communication and metrics to improve the financial close process
Details about the webinar:
The struggle to achieve both speed and accuracy in the financial close process can be challenging. Major stakeholders want the information as fast as possible, but they also need data they can trust. Those working on the close may feel as if they’re in a catch-22: pushed to work faster, but with no errors. During this meeting, members will share how they improved the efficiency and effectiveness of their close process by improving internal communications and leveraging technology.
After this meeting, attendees will be able to:
• Identify pain points in their financial close process
• Explain tactics or methods other members used to improve their financial close process
• Determine ways to leverage technology to simplify and expedite the financial close process
• Develop performance metrics to evaluate your close process
Trish Coughlin, Chief Accounting Officer, Cornerstone OnDemand
Eric Greene, Senior Manager of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting, ZAGG
Alexander Hume, Corporate Controller, Zions Bancorporation
Jonathan Johnson, President, Medici Ventures, Inc.
Moderator: Steve Soter