Venture Capital Fund Accounting Manager
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
For over two decades, Kranz Consulting has been the recognized leader in providing superior financial consulting advisory services requested by CEOs, Boards, CFO’s and the most prominent Venture Capital firms.
The company recognizes your contributions to our growth and allows you to participate in a comprehensive compensation program that includes PTO, 401K, health benefits, and our bonus program (quarterly and annually). We encourage individual development, support continuous training (through various certification courses), provide mentors for your career goals, and promote teamwork.
This position is full-time or part-time working as an employee of Kranz Consulting while providing fractional or full-time consulting services to our Venture Capital and Private Equity clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Fund and Management Company financial statements
- Review and summarize complex investment transactions, including mergers
- Help determine company valuations via public market comparables analysis, 409a review
- Review of portfolio companies with general partners
- Manage the audit and tax return preparation process, including foreign tax filings
- Ensure international compliance with foreign regulatory agencies
- Oversee the financial statement preparation process for domestic and offshore funds
- Monitor compliance with complex partnership agreements
- Assist with amendments and LP meeting presentations’
- Prepare investor communications for capital calls, distributions & liquidity announcements
- Interact with and respond to limited partner requests
- Perform special projects for venture funds as requested
- Work as an interim financial consultant to various startup companies as needed
- Manage, mentor, and motivate staff on engagements
- Minimum of 7 years combined Big 4 & VC experience required
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word & Powerpoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accounting or Finance degree required