Senior Manager of Technical Accounting
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
For over two decades, Kranz Consulting has been the recognized leader in providing superior financial & administrative consulting advisory services requested by CEOs, Boards, CFOs, and the most prominent Venture Capital firms for companies at all stages.
Our unique combination of experience working within premier venture capital firms, Private Equity firms, Fortune 500 Companies, successful start-ups, and Big Four CPA firms, provides your company with deep industry knowledge and expertise which is unsurpassed anywhere else.
Our goal is to hire top-notch CPAs with strong technical accounting skills and an incredible service mentality. We are looking for top performers who are smart, entrepreneurial and ambitious, but who value a work/life balance and the flexibility within their career.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong technical skills as it applies to:
- Detailed revenue analysis and revenue recognition
- Accounting for preferred stock transactions
- Stock-based compensation arrangements
- SEC Reporting, Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and S-1
- Drafting and reviewing financial statements and disclosures
- Identification and application of technical accounting guidance to client situations and the ability to analyze and account in accordance with GAAP
- Communicate with the client to determine client expectations, scope of services, deadlines, and other requirements
- Ensure work is delivered timely and in accordance with firm quality standards
- Communicate with key client, acquired company and valuation firm decision-makers
- Provide ad hoc accounting advice as may arise in the course of the engagements or as may be requested, research accounting literature, and write technical position papers
- Interact with clients and auditor as it pertains to the engagement
- Approximately 7-15 years of work experience, preferably with the majority of experience in public accounting or accounting advisory work CPA license is required
- Knowledge of technical accounting, including, revenue recognition (ASC 606), software revenue recognition (ASC 985-605), revenue recognition for multiple-element arrangements (ASC 605-25), Business combinations (ASC 805) and Stock-based compensation (ASC 718)
- Knowledge of preferred stock transactions and accounting
- Experience with private and public companies
- Experience and familiarity with technology and software industries
- Experience writing technical accounting position papers
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
We offer a very competitive salary, a bonus program that shares in our success and flexible work schedules for both full-time and part-time employees.