San Francisco Bay Area, CA
This is a Manager level position responsible for all of the company’s financial and administrative operations. As a member of the management team, this position will help shape the company’s overall vision and business plans and assist the rest of the management team in any way to ensure that the company successfully executes its plans. Provide overall leadership in Financial matters, including budgeting, planning, systems integration, and reporting. The company should be viewed by our investors, customers, and employees as having finance & reporting operations that are streamlined and high-quality.
- Maintain the General Ledger
- Perform monthly closing process
- Establish and maintain a journal entry control system
- Analyze and reconcile monthly general ledger accounts to supporting documentation
- Prepare the monthly financial statements providing comparative analysis to plan
- Maintain the fixed asset ledger – identifying those assets owned by the company and those collateralized by lease lines and other bank financing
- Budgeting & Planning: Assist in the preparation of and monitor the company’s actual performance against the current budget and business plan
- Treasury: Maintain the cash records for the company, reconcile all cash accounts with bank provided information, including credit card transactions with reports from those agencies.
- Revenue – Ensure timely billing and invoicing of all revenue and proper accounting treatment as per the company policy on revenue recognition.
- Contracts management – Review all contracts with customers and vendors. Ensure consistency and compliance with company policies.
- Collections – Monitor and maintain all subsidiary ledgers for customer activities and ensure timely collection
- Reporting and tax compliance: Ensure timely reporting of monthly financial information for the executive staff and the Board of Directors. Ensure timely reporting of all taxes with the appropriate authorities.
Experience and Skills required:
- BS, CPA desired. Minimum experience of 4 years.
- Min. 2 years as a Controller or Assistant Controller in a small high-tech company.
- Proven management skills.
- Direct Reports
- Accounting: Accounts receivable and payable
- Strong financial reporting and accounting skills.
- Ability to see the big picture and anticipate business issues.
- Experience negotiating contracts with suppliers and customers, including software license agreements, purchase agreements, and other business agreements.
- A hard-working, creative, self-starter that is results-oriented and dependable.
Critical Experience/skill requirements
- Clear capacity to succeed
- Previous financial experience
- Outstanding PC skills
- Clear understanding of financial/accounting software
- Exposure to software industry accounting a plus
Previous experience and an understanding of the Open-Source Software industry, as well as a good understanding of a Service provider community, is essential. Previous experience implementing IS applications for financial reporting.
Drivers for Success
- Organization Skills
- Communication Skills, written and oral
- Detail Oriented
- Product and industry knowledge
- Financial analysis skills
- High energy, high commitment
- Team player
- Direct, open and honest
- Personal and professional maturity
- Good balance of ability to establish needed structure with flexible, fast-moving think-on-feet, hands-on operating style
The company recognizes your contributions to our growth and allows you to participate in a comprehensive compensation program which includes PTO, 401K, health benefits, and our bonus program (quarterly and annually). We encourage individual development, support continuous training (through various certification courses), provide mentors for your career goals, and promote teamwork.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com.