Business Development Associate
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
For over two decades, Kranz Consulting has been the recognized leader in providing superior financial consulting advisory services requested by CEOs, Boards, CFO’s and the most prominent Venture Capital firms.
Kranz Consulting is seeking a Business Development Associate to join their Silicon Valley based team to manage the inside sales and marketing efforts for the Business Development team. Your responsibilities will be focused on supporting the Kranz teams to drive new client retention, development, and growth.
This is an excellent entry level sales opportunity with career progression. Successful Business Development Associates will have future opportunities for promotion advancement into full sales positions at Kranz, The company recognizes your contributions to our growth and allows you to participate in a comprehensive compensation program which includes PTO, 401K, health benefits, and our bonus program (quarterly and annually). We encourage individual development, support continuous training (through various certification courses), provide mentors for your career goals, and promote teamwork.
Ideal candidates will have a BA/BS from an accredited four-year university along with an interest in a sales/business development career. This role is the best possible place to start a career in sales. Generous commission plan, training program, and benefits.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Set and attend meetings for Senior Vice President and Business Development with new clients and prospects utilizing cold and warm calling techniques, email campaigns, social media outreach, and referrals
- Research target companies and define strategies for relationship development
- Stay on top of market trends and apply these to development within the account portfolio
- Develop an understanding of the regional market landscape and define account prioritization
- Create email campaigns, track campaign results, and follow up on any client engagement resulting from email campaigns
- Help maintain the accuracy of contact database through market research and name generation techniques
- Play an active role in existing client management, ensuring that follow up meetings are set up
- Support sales team with custom materials including project profiles, engagement confirmations, coordination of marketing materials, and other ad hoc projects
- Perform client and prospect research; provide summary reports to SVP /BDs regarding, new funding rounds, M&A transactions, earnings updates, executive changes, and other current events
- Provide content for the company’s social media campaigns and newsletters
- Assist SVP /BD team in responding to RFPs and preparing proposals and presentations for clients
- Assist SVP/BD team with general office support including event planning, consultant communications, and outreach
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1 – 2 years of business-to-business development experience and/or working in a financial services role; accounting/finance background is preferred.
- Must have a strong desire to build a career in business development by using proven closing skills and the ability to build client relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and persevere in a fast paced dynamic environment with a sense of urgency.
- Must be a competitive and self-motivated individual.
- Experience with inside sales preferred
- Must be able to work well in a team environment as well as independently